Monday, August 18, 2008

If at first you don't succeed....

Bummer... I really hate it when I make stupid knitting mistakes. Then to not catch them until I am over half way through the body of the sweater REALLY sucks. Short story, long. The sleeves of Eli's BTSS (Back to School Sweater) are too narrow (by half) because *I* measured them incorrectly. Instead of taking the measurement of half the sleeve at the bottom of the raglan seam (which is the measurement I took of the sweatshirt I'm copying), I measured the entire width of the sleeve, ergo; it's too small. I thought the proportion looked off, but I kept knitting. I even had the sense to start knitting the sleeve to double check. I had Eli try it on (it fit, sort of), I knit a little further and had him try it on again (it still sorta fit), but finally my brain kicked in and I made the difficult decision to frog it and start over. I was halfway done the body, but still had the sleeves and the hood to finish, so I was less than half done the whole sweater, at least that's what I'm telling myself....  Here it is before I frog it.


It was looking good, no??? The positive part of starting over is that I did not do a short row back collar, which I should have done... so now I can.... :)



1 comment:

  1. Hooray! You're a knitting blogger! I love reading knitting blogs. I have a blog too!! Mine doesn't showcase my knitting (not that I'm anywhere near your mastery!), but it's all about us! Check us out! And welcome to the World of Blog!
    Jen ox

    ReplyDelete