Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The beginning....

Firstly, I wonder how many blogs have started with the same title as mine? And then, how many blogs start wondering about how many other blogs start with the same title as theirs? Yikes, my head hurts and I haven't even started yet.......

I've been meaning to start a blog for a while (I won't define *while*, that would show how long I've actually procrastinated here). Every once in a while I think of something witty (to me) and coherent enough to not be uber embarrassed by my lack of writerly ability. I'm not sure that today is one of those days, but I had to start somewhere and so, my one reader (me) will have to suffer. 

I stopped at one of Calgary's knitting stores today on my way home from Calaway Park with the kids to pick up some yarn for a back to school sweater for Eli. I've been cooking it up in my head for a while (although, it was inspired by a pattern in Nicky Epstein's book "Barbie Doll and Me"). After having Eli hold a million balls of yarn to his neck to check out the itch factor, we finally selected some Lana Grossa "Cool Wool" in red and gray. The sweater will be a raglan cardigan with grey sleeves and hood and red body with some opposite colour striping at the bottom edge and sleeve edges for kicks. I've done my regular gauge swatch (4"x1"), printed off a basic pattern (so I don't have to do math, I R Lazy), cast on and knit about 1/2"(I really should use metric for length (and weight for that matter), I use it for everything else, I just never fully converted it seems). I then got up and came over here...... you know the rest. 

Now that I've started myself here, I'm going to go back to watching the Olympics (I only watch sports every two years, at Olympic time) and knitting until my hubby gets home and then I'll go for a jog with the doggies..... 

We'll see how often I post.. hopefully, once or twice a week. I do tend to head into things full bore and then drop off dramatically. Maybe this time will be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment