Thursday, September 11, 2008

Weather...

Perhaps I should knit mittens more often. I finished Eli's convertible mittens today and wondered why I bothered to make them in the first place..... It.was.hot. OK, it was hot for Calgary, which means it was 26C. I nearly boiled out of my skin on my afternoon walk with the dogs and Chey. Her stroller felt like it was about 150 lbs when I was pushing it up the hill.

But, at least Eli now has some finger warmers for chilly morning walks to the bus stop. They turned out great! I am wondering why I used such *nice* yarn for mittens for him. A nice superwash wool would have made WAY more sense for a seven year old boy who, if he doesn't lose them at school, is likely to ruin them on the playground. Sigh... no one has ever accused me of having sense though..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment