Monday, September 29, 2008

The weather was perfect!

My father and his wife, Caren, came for a visit from BC this weekend and it was great! Saturday was Eli's big Birthday Bash at the local Rollerskating arena and of course, Opa and Carey were invited to attend. Unfortunately for me (I was hoping for an addition source of entertainment, I suppose), neither fell on their behinds, but I do believe that both had a great time. Eli, of course, had a fantastic time, with lots of Cake, presents and friends from school.



Eli with his best friend.



The cake.... it looked amazing and NO, I did not make it.



Eli taking a turn around the rink. He loves rollerskating!


On Sunday, we drove to Banff. I love Banff! I'm not sure why we don't go there more often. It's so beautiful there! I don't even mind (and kinda like) all the tourists and the bustle of the main street. And the WEATHER... it was just perfect. We had lunch in town and then rode the gondola up to the top of Sulphur Mountain.



The kids posing at the bottom of the gondola in front of the gift shop (some of my favorite places are gift shops, for some reason)



Chey doing what she does best.... acting cute.



A great picture of me and the kids, windblown hair and all.......



Group shot at lunch.




And Eli, doing what he does best... pose... LOL.

I did very little knitting this weekend, although I did receive my third Year of Lace subscription designed by the owner of my favorite LYS (and the source of the subscription club). I love it! I'd show some pictures, but I want to wait until everyone receives their kits before I post pictures on my blog. I will post some pictures on my Ravelry page with a spoiler photo for anyone who wants to peek ahead of time. I cast on immediately and knit about 10 or so rows, just enough to see the pattern start to emerge... and it's going to be fantastic!

I also had to frog one of the Christmas presents I'm making, but I can't get into too much detail about that here either.....

The last knitting related activity of the weekend was a sweater that I'm designing for Chey. It's going to be *slightly* similar to Wisteria, although I had this idea in my head before I saw wisteria in the premier issue of Twist Collective. It will be a top down, round yoke sweater with what I hope will be heart inspired cables. I've done gauge swatches and preliminary drawings and measurements, but need to chart out a few things before I can actually cast on. I think it'll be a slow work-in-progress, mostly due to other projects that are currently underway and soon to be underway (more of those pesky Christmas-can't-share-too-much-info type projects). It will be my first true, non-inspired (post inspired doesn't count IMO) sweater design..... if it works... I hope it will work.

2 comments:

  1. That roller skating party looks wicked!! I'd totally do that for my own birthday! LOVE the Wisteria, btw. Lovely and I can't wait to see the finished product.
    Banff...mountains...can you hear my sigh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Myrna, this is your old Dad here, aka "Opa". I read thru most of your blogs, good writing and a great sense of humor, you make your hobby more interesting than watching sports!!
    Anyway, sorry to disappoint that Caren and I didn't fall flat on our butts at the "Roller derby B'day Party" for Eli. I must say it was a lot of fun for an old guy lol!!

    Anyway, keep up the great blogs.

    luv yer
    Dad

    ReplyDelete