Friday, September 5, 2008

Too many things to do....

My list of knitting is growing long again. Although, it's not terribly cold during the daytime, the walk to the bus in the morning is frosty.... which makes me start thinking about mittens for the kids and wristwarmer-type thingies for me and maybe scarfs or other neck warming contraptions all round. Plus, I'm starting to feel a bit stressed about Christmas (I know, it's ridiculous, but I'm a bit of a nutbar). I like to be done my Christmas gifts really early (they're usually wrapped and ready to go mid-November) and the item I planned for my step-mother is not progressing at all (due to a lack of yarn). I just can't seem to find what I'm looking for in my local yarn stores and all of their new fall stock hasn't quite come in yet. So, I think I'm going to have to order online. I can't wait for yarn to come in and then maybe not have the yarn that I envision and have to order it anyway..... I really want a nice, superwash wool in an Aran weight (I'm thinking Dream in Colour?? or Lorna's Laces Shepard Worsted?? or ????). But, before I can even start on Christmas knitting, I need to finish a hat for Dale and I'd like to finish my Riding to Avalon hoodie (I'm about 1/2 to the armholes, I'd post a picture, but it just looks like a blob of knitting right now). Sigh.... and everyday I think of other things I'd like to knit. I have some beautiful Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb that I rescued from a tunic that I crochet and then felted (accidentally of course) that I'd like to make a top down raglan for myself. I also have some fresh Lion and Lamb that I had earmarked for a sweater for Chey (a top down, round yoke). I've been collecting all kinds of sock yarns that I'd like to sink my needles into and I'm sure there are other projects just waiting for me to show a moment of weakness before they pounce with their whispers of temptation......  I wonder if I could just not cook or clean or take care of Chey and knit all day....... probably not.

On a non-knitting related topic, Eli's first week of school as gone well. He seems much happier about school and life around the house is a much lower key. He still has occasional, minor outbursts, but all in all, medication is going well (watch, he'll come home with a note from his teacher today, just because I posted about his good week).

Chey turns three tomorrow. I can't believe my baby girl is going to be three, sigh.... where does the time go and in less than two weeks my baby boy will be seven... SEVEN.... Yikes! 



No comments:

Post a Comment