Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Socks

It's been a while since I posted a completed knitting project. The Bathroom reno and garden projects (I was also quite sick for several days) have taken over my time in the past few weeks which has resulted in only ONE knit project in a month! That's nothing in the land of what Myrna knits. I'm normally in the 3-5 projects per month range and that sometimes includes spinning. Unfortunately, for my complete project pile, physical labour makes me not want to knit in the evening.... Fortunately, the major gardening is almost done....

Diagonal Lace Socks by Wendy D. Johnson knit in Cascade Heritage Paints. I did a wider toe and substituted a shadow short row heel for the heel flap (which made the yarn pool badly) and also did a twisted rib cuff and sewn bind off (I have no idea what kind of cuff the pattern has). I did make a little mistake which caused the second leg to stripe wider (I had a wider heel before I started the short rows), but I still like them a lot..... I'm not sure they'll stay up on the recipient, but slouchy socks are cool too..... I hope



No comments:

Post a Comment