Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The land of a thousand places to knit.... Part I

My family lives in BC... Once a year I try to visit them all. This year I decided to combine them into one GINORMOUS trip of many stops... This post will be about the mainland portion of the journey.....

I stopped in Salmon Arm to visit my MIL. We stayed for 4 nights.

I knit while visiting my MIL



I knit at the kids' Spray Park.


I did not knit at the water slides (although I did bring it, so I'm counting it).



I knit at a kids' indoor playground, but I can't upload pictures from my phone right now, so there are none.....


I finished this cardi-vest for my nephew who should be making his appearance any day now... and hopefully decides to come before I head back to Alberta.


Our next stop was Kelowna where we spent five nights.

I knit at the pool.


I knit while the kids tried rock climbing.


I did not knit while horseback riding, although it was so lovely and peaceful, that I was sorely tempted........



I did not knit while at the Aquatic Centre (It's called the H2O Centre for those who are interested), but was rather proud of Eli for attempting to body surf on the Wave Rider.



I did not knit while Bowling.



I did a little knitting while visiting, but not much.....


I definitely did a little knitting when my van got a flat tire and we had to wait for a tow truck.... and again the next day as the tire was getting repaired.....



I also did not knit when I took four kids to Scandia (the mini-golf course).....



Our next stop was Vancouver, where my Dad (Opa) and Cary (my step-mom) picked up the kids and dogs and Christina and I had three blissful days without children in Vancouver. We shopped (for yarn, of course.), we ate, we walked, we enjoyed.... and we hope to do it every year......  I just wish I had a picture of Opa picking up the kids and dogs at the beach in a dingy (They took the kids and dogs to Vancouver Island on their boat)... it was priceless..... Picture a small inflatable dingy, a terrified standard poodle, a bewildered toy poodle, a stressed out grandfather, a helpful young nephew and the largest size plastic dog kennel you can.... now picture them all IN the small, inflatable dingy...... oh, it was funny alright......

I knit on the boat while the sun set over False Creek in Vancouver.



I did a lot of yarn shopping.... here is some of my newly acquired stash and a picture on Granville Island.





I even knit while waiting for the Fireworks...... I didn't knit during though... they were far to spectacular for that.


And then I hopped on a Ferry where I knit my way over to Vancouver Island for Part two..... coming soon.....

That's a little peek of my Evenstar shawl (remember the yarn I nearly killed myself to get finished for this trip??).... you'll have to wait for part II for a better picture I think........



No comments:

Post a Comment