Sunday, August 15, 2010

TLOTPK, Part II

My month long tour of BC is nearing it's conclusion and I've decided to take a quiet moment to myself while the kids and dogs play outside before we head for the pool to update all of the places that I've knit (or brought my knitting to) since I arrived on Vancouver Island more than two weeks ago.

I did some knitting on my Dad's boat, but more often than not, just sat and enjoyed the sights and smells of the ocean (when he wasn't putting me to work hauling up prawn and crab traps)






I did some knitting while I watched the kids move from slightly scared and not able to swim to jumping into the deep end to retrieve golf balls from the bottom (Chey's still in waterwings, but the concept is still valid)




I did a little knitting while we were at various beaches collecting shells, but had more fun tipping rocks so that Chey could find crabs and other crustations




I did not knit while we drove around and gloried in the lush, green views and expansive ocean vistas.... due, mostly, to the fact that I did the vast majority of the driving.....


I most definitely did NOT knit while Kayaking




Opa and Cary took Eli for a couple of days for some quality time


Pirates Cove


I had a couple of days with Alex and Chey




I did not knit when we went out to Sydney Spit for the day.





I did knit a little bit when I took the kids to Gabriola Island and Parksville for the Day.




All in all, I had an amazing trip. I want to Thank my Dad and Caren for being such fabulous hosts and for putting up with the extra noise and mess for three weeks (they had the kids and dogs for a few days before I arrived). Here are a few more of my favorite vacation photos.....



I also bought a lot more yarn, but I'm saving THAT post until I get home.... along with progress on my shawl... it's coming along nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment