Thursday, June 24, 2010

Justifiable bragging.

After what felt like a millennium and a half (in reality it took 2 months, plus 2 days), I finally finished my handspun cardigan.

I am magic.... I turned this pile of 80% merino, 20% silk roving given to me by my wonderful Dad and his very supportive wife:




Into a whole bunch of these, spun S: 32-36WPI (don't ask me about the draw, I don't know what it's called):


Which were then converted into some of these, 3 ply, 12WPI (plus or minus):




And knitted into pieces of this, (bang on gauge, except for the sleeves, which I had to reduce needle size for):



Which were blocked, sewn up and transformed into the final bit of magic. VOILA!:



It's purdy..... REALLLY purdy.... I had some minor spinning mishaps along the way, but overall, I think it went excellently. So I shall now proclaim..... I RAWK..... and move on to my next project..... which will not include a spinning component.

4 comments:

  1. You have such amazing talent!!!! you do RAWK!
    - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Amazing! Such an inspiration, you are!! How Yoda am I??

    ReplyDelete
  3. i.am.so.proud.of.you. incredible!!!

    (i miss you... are you growing your hair? how are you doing without your pal?)

    a
    xxooxx

    ReplyDelete