Thursday, July 1, 2010

Temptation

I am, basically, a monogamous person. I don't have the time or the energy to expand my focus and attention in a multitude of directions.... I like the peace and quiet of a singular relationship. The steady monotony and security appeals to me. Perhaps part of the issue is that I don't like to lie.... and I am a rule follower to the extreme and often to my own detriment. That's not to say that I am not occasionally tempted. Something periodically captures my attention and I waiver, ever so slightly, in my determination to remain faithful..... But.... I can normally reign in the wanderlust and refocus my attention where it belongs..... that was, until a few days ago, when Evenstar caught my attention...... I was immediately captured, enthralled, enraptured and beguiled.... caught up in the elegant beauty of the design and I felt something move, deep in my soul.....It was my moral knitting compass and it had shifted, ever so slightly (yes, I said knitting.... perhaps you thought this post would be more titillating than another post about knitting??).... It wouldn't be SOOO bad to start another project, right??? I am "almost" done my current project and it wouldn't hurt to have a slight delay in its completion, would it??? Maybe not for most people, but for me..... a delay in my internal knitting timer, sets off all kinds of alarm bells..... and yet, I am still tempted... I was mulling over the issue in the shower this morning, when the solution occurred to me.....

Spinning....... spinning is NOT knitting and therefore, does not fall under my weird internal monogamous knitting clause........ Take that! Justification as a workaround.... I wonder if anyone has ever thought of that before...... ;P

I plan to use the fleece that I purchased in April.... It's already been washed and a few locks have been carded (the staple length is too short for combing, which I prefer)..... 1400 meters of 2 ply lace weight should be just about right....  stay tuned...

PS... I know the side bar says that I have 3 projects on the go, but let me explain.... one is hibernating until the fall, when it will be more appropriate to finish it.... One is my travel project, which is rarely worked on at home... and one is my MAIN project.... my singular project that must be completed before new projects are started...... more justification, I suppose...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a gorgeous shawl! I am a little tempted myself, but it's just not something I'd ever wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shawl became a work of art. Amazing what can emerge from the line of stitches and the bundle that sat in you lap while you were knitting it this summer.
    What a wonderful accomplishment, Well done. You may have this shawl so long you bequeath it to Chey !! Imagine that!!
    Caren

    ReplyDelete