Friday, June 26, 2009

Last Day of School, First Day of SUMMER!

Today is the last day of school! I can't believe we're done with grade two! Eli will be going to a new school in the fall and we're both looking forward to a new opportunity. Eli has been struggling with French Immersion (struggling is perhaps not the right word, but French was definitely not a good fit for him). Because he is gifted, but only speaking French at grade level, he was finding it difficult and frustrating to "learn" at his level with a lower level of the language of the school. This spring I applied to have him enrolled at a Math and Science school and he was accepted for fall. I think the M&S school will be a much better fit for him and I look forward to finding out if I'm right! Chey will still go to French Immersion, I love the school and I would love her to learn a second language. I think it is a valuable gift.

We have a super busy summer planned. We are going to visit family in Salmon Arm and Kelowna next week (I have decided against Fibre Week, sigh....), then the kids have a week of summer camps, then we have a week to prepare for a trip to Vancouver Island where, after the family part of the trip, Eli will be spending two weeks with his grandparents on their boat near Bella Bella, BC. August is less scheduled, so far, but I am hoping for a LOT of time at the lake...... and a visit from a beloved friend in mid-August.

Let the summer fun begin!

Knitting is going OK. I am working on the "Apres Surf Hoodie" from Interweave Knits, Summer 2008 issue, but have concerns about fit (I think it's going to be WAY too big and WAY too long and the silk I used is going to grow and make it bigger and longer) even though I went down two or three needle sizes...... Oh well, it will look great on Christina if it doesn't work for me......


No comments:

Post a Comment