Thursday, July 2, 2009

a Trip and a half.....

Visiting family is a necessary evil when you live in a different province (or a different town, city or country). Something I "try" to do at least once per year (and hope that the other family members reciprocate so I actually get to see them twice per year). We returned from such a trip last night..... late, late last night. Now, I don't want to sound like I don't LIKE visiting my family, I do. I love my family. But, and that's a big BUT, traveling to visit is a lot of work and very tiring (especially when you have limited time and lots of family to visit). I'm exhausted from all the driving and socializing and more driving and not sleeping and not eating properly and the driving and the not sleeping. We had originally planned to stop in Revelstoke or somewhere to spend the night and drive the rest of the way this morning, but somewhere in our fog ridden brains we decided to push on through and we made it home at about 1:30am.

Here are a few highlights of the trip (I can't figure out how to add notes, so you'll have to guess what we're doing and where we are in each shot):



You'll notice that I did manage to get in some knitting. I started a pair of cashmere gloves(Ravelry link). I also managed some yarn shopping at a nice yarn store in Kelowna called The Art of Yarn (Thank you for the early Bday gift Elizabeth!), it's a very nice store with a great selection of yarn (although only a very small amount of spinning fibre, mostly some Louet Northern Lights and a little bit of Fleece Artist).

Now that I'm home, I'm hoping to finally finish the sweater I was working on before we left. All I have left is to sew in the sleeves and finish the collar......

No comments:

Post a Comment