Thursday, October 30, 2008

I should be knitting...

I am SO close to finishing a Christmas present that I can taste it and yet, far enough away that I know I can't finish tonight without knitting into the wee hours which wouldn't be a super smart choice, what with me having small children who get up at the crack of dawn and need to go to school and stuff. And so, with regret, I've decided to put it aside for now. The good news is that it's lookin' good.. it's looking REALLY good. Good enough that I'm wondering how bad it would be for me to wear it at my knitting retreat next week..... hmmmmm.... I guess that would be sort of like buying someone a doughnut and taking a wee bite out of it before you passed it over.. It probably is bad manners and poor taste... sigh....

On the knitting retreat note. I am SOOOO Excited!!! My local yarn store, Make One is hosting an annual knitting retreat at the Delta Lodge in Kananaskis . Three days of knitting, eating, knitting and hanging out with other people who are knitting, some of which are rather famous in the knitting world. Did I mention that this retreat is going to be sans children??? Three whole days without children??? I'm going to miss them (at least a little), but it is going to be bliss..... I can't WAIT!!

2 comments:

  1. ohhhhh.. now i want to see your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. patience Annie, patience.... I'll have it done on Ravelry soon, but probably not 'til after the retreat now... gotta get other stuff done FOR the retreat....

    ReplyDelete