Thursday, October 16, 2008

A bit too long...

Goodness! It's been a while since I last posted. Mostly due to the fact that I went to my sister's for the Thanksgiving Weekend, which is an 8.5 hr drive each way. We did have a good weekend though, it was nice to visit with my sister and her boys. I don't see them nearly enough. The kids really enjoyed the visit, mainly due to my sister's many animals. Chey had her first horse ride and Eli rode as well. Chey loved the ride so much that she had a mini-meltdown when it was time to stop (Yay! I see horsies in my future again!!!). We also explored an area that had a really cool old aqueduct (or something) that you can walk through (in the dark).



Here is the entrance of the tunnel... notice the look of concern on Eli's face.. LOL



And the exit..... with Eli looking rather exultant...



Although the visit was nice, it's always nice to be home.......

Due to the busyness of the last week, I haven't done much knitting. One of the Christmas presents I'm knitting hates me though.... I have to rip it out, again! I'm beginning to wonder if the universe is telling me something with this project........

After my frustrated discovery of the aforementioned Christmas-project-gone-wrong, I decided to make Kikx a sweater. I keep my poodles cut short through the winter (or I plan to anyway) and I think Kikx will need this sweater for our walks.... It was super quick to knit (about 5 hrs) and I'm proud of it. It is my first dog sweater and made without a pattern. Here's a picture... I was so excited to try it on him, that I hadn't sewn in the ends yet, but they're done now.... he doesn't look all that impressed, but he didn't seem to mind it when I put it on him again this morning.....


No comments:

Post a Comment