Monday, June 25, 2012

The Annual "My Kid is Awesome because he plays piano and you must listen to it" Post

Eli's fourth annual piano recital was last week. I was worried that we weren't going to have a recital this year because the music store where he had been taking lessons for the past 4 years suddenly closed in Mid-March and I had to find him a new teacher. Ultimately, I was glad this happened because I'm actually hearing him progress again. His other teachers let him take over and play whatever he wanted, which was all well and good, but it's difficult to progress in your skill when all you choose to play is video game music that you either play by ear or with downloaded sheet music off the internet....... His new teacher know how to play the game... she requires that they split the lesson... "you do 50% my way and then you can play Mario tunes" and he loves her.

So, without further ado.... Eli, playing "Journey by Train"... after which we had a discussion about when it's appropriate to state "Was it just me or did I get more applause than anyone else??"





Here are links to previous years' recitals... you know, if my child is just to cute for you to resist....

2009

2010

2011

No comments:

Post a Comment