Thursday, July 14, 2011

knitting update

It's been a while since I last posted about knitting (and even longer since a post about spinning!) so I thought I'd show you a few things that I've finished since then. My last knitting post was about a design/knitting failure. I did finish the revised top and like it much better. It is comfy, but not super flattering for my shape.... definitely needs a more bodacious bust than I was granted in the genetics lottery.....



The next top I finished, also didn't quite attain the look of my final vision. It's a bit too long in the armscye... I  do think that it's pretty, but not perfect.....



Both of the above pictures are of tops I designed myself.... I haven't fully decided if I am going to publish them as patterns or not....

The next pattern that I knit was someone else's. It is called the Alice Top, but Katya Wilsher. It's a lovely design, but I think the recommended ease doesn't really work (at least not for my style)... I think it should have more like 2-4 inches of negative ease, rather than the 0-1 inch the pattern recommends... I also found the armscye to be too large for me and had to take out the trim to try to reduce the circumference... it worked, but it could still be smaller. I also added a crochet chain across the top of the back to help prevent the arm from falling.... and did a crochet band across the back to make it a bit smaller (not in the picture)





Something that I found funny (and I noticed in on my Ravelry page a long time ago) is that I always stand the same way for pictures... I purposefully stood the opposite way for the last top, but my "normal" stance is a much flattering pose and I returned to it.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment