Thursday, July 7, 2011

Garden Update....

I haven't been in much of a blogging mood lately. Sometimes, I think of something that I think is witty and write it down, sometimes I have a finished project to write about and sometimes..... even if I have one or both of the above, I just don't feel like it.... the past few weeks have been the latter. I have finished a few knitting projects, including a couple of original designs, but I haven't felt like posting about them.

This morning I woke up and looked out into my backyard and decided that I needed to share what I saw...... It is just so pretty right now! Perhaps a bit too bright for really good pictures with my camera, but you get the general drift.....





Here are two pictures of my main garden area with a close up of the bottom corner of the garden.  The bottom section is mainly roses, irises and daylilies. The top section has a blueberry bush (not doing well), a currant bush, strawberries, artichokes, some kind of thistle that I can't remember at the moment and various other flowering perennials, including,  coral bells, lady's mantle and echinacea.








This is my patio area.... I wish it was a better picture because those hanging baskets are a thing of beauty.  They are, absolutely, enormous! My herb planters are in the foreground... (and a couple of plants that I snagged from my MILs garden that need to go in the ground today)



This is the area around the trellis. It is planted with a combination of catmint and Russian Sage with several vines growing on the trellis, including a honeysuckle, two clematis and a kiwi. The second picture is a close up of the kiwi vine.... I transplanted it this year and it must like it's new location much better because this is the first year that it flowered and is fruiting.... see that little kiwi??? 




and here is my garden box... it's not doing that well, unfortunately.... My radishes and broccoli have both bolted (gone straight to flowering/seed) due to the cold May/June and sudden HOT in July. The pea plants aren't very big either and I'm not sure if it's the type of pea that I planted or some other factor.... they are loaded with blooms, so I should get a few peas anyway...... I neglected to take pictures of my tomatoes and peppers, but rest assured... they're doing quite well......

And so... that is my garden at the beginning of July.... It always looks it's best at this time of year...

No comments:

Post a Comment