Tuesday, September 7, 2010

BTSS, Kindergarten style....

Wow! Two days of posting in a row!! As promised, I am writing a post about Chey's first ever BTSS. I finished it yesterday, just in time for her first "real" day of school.

The yarn is from Sweet Georgia Yarns, purchased from the studio during my trip this summer. The colourway, I was told, is a unique one.... rather perfect for my unique little girl. She had requested a sweater with Ladybugs, butterflies and caterpillars (which I do intend to make, just not yet), but I wanted something fast, especially after finishing my shawl. I asked if Ladybug buttons would be OK?, she agreed and I was off.

I decided to attempt a round yoke cardigan, based on a style that I had seen while shopping with Cary in yet another yarn store this summer. I have never knit a round yoke before and felt that it was time...... I couldn't find a pattern that worked for me, so I did my gauge swatch, figured out the mechanics of a round yoke and started..... 

Here is the result...








It's pretty cute, if I do say so myself.... the arms are a bit tight, but now that I know what to look for, I can solve that for the next one...... 

And here she is on her very first day of school..... I'll admit that I found the experience more traumatic than I had anticipated.....









1 comment: