Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Sheep are calling me....

Phew.... I finished Eli's BTSS 2009, on the second day of school. It turned out great!! He loves it and it looks cute on him. I haven't washed it yet, but I'm not worried about that.





I used almost all of the green I had and half of one skein of black. Sweater was knit top-down with a knit on kangaroo pocket and hood. The hood was interesting as I just kind of did it..... no pattern, just knit... although it did take two tries to get a result that I was happy with....

Now that the BTSS is finished, I can move on.....

I mentioned a while ago, that I ordered some fleece samples "in the grease" from The Spinning Loft. They arrived last week and have been bleating plaintively from the couch, begging me to forget my other projects, both spinning and knitting and start the adventure.......
Today, it began......... I had Chey pick the first sample..... She chose the Polworth, one of the fine wools in the box of 18. I washed it (as per the many directions I've read) and then set it out to dry... It's lovely! Here are some pictures of the process so far.... 3 washes and 3 rinses (although I think I only needed 2) and then re- organized the locks to dry.

Polworth in PackageDirty Sheep (actually, it was very clean)
Bath TimeClean & Fresh


I have some other spinning to finish, but I am hoping to start the actual combing or carding (haven't decided what to try first) and spinning of this in the next couple of days...

2 comments:

  1. methinks you should put all of these blogs/posts together into a book and sell it, and make WHACKS of money! You could call it" the mad machinations of a stir-crazed stay at home MOM" or something to that effect.
    Your posts are well written, thoughtful and funny! I'm proud of you!
    from yer secret admirer

    ReplyDelete