Friday, December 16, 2011

In the home stretch

It's just over a week until Christmas and I thought I'd share my progress. I must say, I'm looking good. Shopping is done (just waiting for one last thing to arrive in the mail... I hope it shows!), presents are wrapped and the house is fully decorated (except for the lego house that Eli needs to finish.... we started a new tradition this year of collecting Christmas Lego for our Decorating). I thought I'd share a bit of what's been going on.

I decided it would be fun to make snowflakes and hang them on a garland. We used regular paper and fancy Origami paper with gold flakes and then I attached them to a length of felted i-cord with paper clips.... cute and festive.

Folding the paper


Cutting





We also decorated our tree and I've wrapped our presents and put them under it.


Hugging the partially decorated tree


I love decorating the tree. My ornaments are like bits of a story
that I've collected for the past 18 years

I am not normally that domestic. I said that and then re-read it...... and had to laugh. I am a SAHM (stay at home Mom) who knits and spins and has a blog that is almost entirely about my domestication..... In all sense of reality, how much more domestic could I be??? Perhaps I should say instead, that I am not known for my cooking and/or baking. I rarely bake, as a matter of fact, and almost never make more than a token batch of sugar cookies or some other cookie at Christmas time. Which is why today is a total anomaly in my house. I baked.... and baked.... and baked. A double batch of Hazelnut Biscotti (Biscotti must be retro now, right??) and a double batch of GingerSnaps. I've also made some easy fudge and for the first time in my life.... I made Nanaimo Bars... from scratch. We'll see how they turn out.  I used the recipe off the City of Nanaimo Website so I'm hoping for good things.



Today's accomplishments

Bags of Cookies ready to give to friends


I have still been knitting...... a bit. I started a new sweater two weeks ago and have only managed to knit about 6 inches of ONE arm.




Christmas knitting is done (I barely did any this year which was very nice) except for a last minute shrug for Chey. I've also managed to knit Eli a new pair of socks when we discovered the socks I knit him two or three years ago are too small (what?! Kids grow??? Even Eli grows eventually it seems).


Basic sock knit in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted (colour Ravenswood)

Eli had his grade 5 band recital last night... It was adorable and not even torturous (the grade 5s have only been in band for 2 months, my expectations were not high). I wanted to have a short video clip for you, but I haven't had time to edit the super long video we took of the concert.... maybe next week??




And finally, a gratuitous skating shot taken last weekend as the sun set over our little leisure rink at the lake..... I'm not sure if I'll be posting again before Christmas, and if I don't... Have a Very Merry Christmas and I'll see you in the New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment