Sunday, October 23, 2011

Shrunken heads, knives, pumpkins and carnage....

Must be the start of Hallowe'en decorating!

I've nearly finished both kids' costumes (Chey's is complete, you saw that a couple of days ago). Eli's still needs a few finishing details and I hope to post about that in a few days, but thought I'd share the other Hallowe'en preparations. We plan to do a "Haunted Porch" again this year, but that won't be put up until next weekend (Wind and black plastic don't mix), but I thought the few little bits we do have up are cute..... Well.... perhaps cute isn't exactly the right word......





Notice the desiccated heads in the spider web?? I made those a few days ago. It's a simple craft, really. Particularly if you have an apple peeler. First you peel the apples and dip them in a water and lemon mixture (to avoid excessive browning) and then you cut faces into the apples and hang them to dry..... I sped up the drying process by putting the apples on a cookie sheet at 170F for about 15 hrs (5 hrs at a time). It's an easy Hallowe'en craft project.....









And finally, the kids and I carved our pumpkins yesterday..... It was messy fun as always....














And in the midst of all the Hallowe'en stuff, I managed to finish a sweater for myself. It's been a busy couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment