Saturday, October 8, 2011

Reverse Psychology in knitting

The weather in Calgary has been exceptional this fall, the summer heat extending right up to the end of September. We even made it to the beach a few times.  So I did what any sane knitter would do.... I knit a pair of lined, fair-isle mittens which according to Murphy's Law, I will now not need until January......

The pattern is from a Norwegian pattern book called Selbustrikk (link to Nordic Fibre Arts where you can buy it, includes an English Translation). Yarn is from Indigo Moon colours "Celebration Red" and "Silver Birches." They turned out beautifully (even though there are a couple mistakes)... not bad for my second pair of fair-isle mittens.... They are even the same size! If I had to do again I would choose the red for the highlight colour and the grey for the background, but all in all........











Murphy can suck it!

No comments:

Post a Comment