Saturday, August 6, 2011

Another small step towards world domination.......

My evil plans have ensnared a new victim.... a sweet and innocent young thing who has no idea what she's in store for......









Of course, my last such victim has only ever knit himself a hat and no more, but I have great hopes for this one....... She refused to learn until she was 6 (or almost.. she turns 6 in a month) because that's when Eli learned, so that must be the correct age... but once she decided she was old enough to learn she was relentless in her reminders..... I finally let her choose some yarn and bought a pair of 8inch straights (I taught Eli on circs., but found that he would often choose the wrong end of the knitting to start, leaving long floats across the back)..... She's picked it up fairly quickly, but only knits about 5 stitches at a time and then she's done... it might take her a bit longer to knit her finished project..... Some kind of toy sewn from a square or rectangle... she can't decide if she wants a bird or a caterpillar.....

Changing topics...... We just got back from the Okanagan where I helped my MIL finish (well, sort of finish.. there is lots more work to be done) cleaning out her old house after she moved to a townhome.... but first we stopped in Kelowna and visited my Mom, Sister and Cousin (no pics... don't know what is wrong with me) and Grandma Susan and Grandpa Syd... where we watched the Snowbirds at suppertime......




and Susan gave me the pastel painting I commissioned from her.... it is amazing and I love it to pieces....... Thank you Susan!!

1 comment:

  1. We were watching the Snowbirds too... I *thought* I saw you all those miles away peeking out from that balcony. :p

    ReplyDelete