Monday, May 16, 2011

Bolero

I recently found the perfect summer dress for Chey. It was perfect because, not only did I think it was beautiful..... but so did Chey... which is rare, indeed..... The only real problem was that it was a spaghetti strap dress. At the time I was knitting myself a cardigan and thought that the yarn would be awesome with the dress. When the cardigan only used 2 of the 3 skeins of yarn in my stash, I did a little happy dance.









This is the bolero that resulted from the yarn..... a wonderful way to extend the wearability of a dress..... It was knit top-down and a lace border was knitted onto the bolero when finished. I did something wonky when I turned the corner around the bottom of the bolero and the stockinette of the bolero puckers a bit, but nobody would have noticed if I hadn't mentioned it.....

1 comment: