Friday, March 18, 2011

Optimism and Rubber Boots.

In order to celebrate the arrival of Spring (or at least spring-like weather, Spring doesn't officially arrive until Sunday), I purchased myself a new pair of rubber boots..... This should ensure that Calgary will be hit by a blizzard, the likes of which has not been seen in a hundred years....... Perhaps I should cast on for some uber-warm mittens to even out Murphy and his law???


I also finished a new cardigan. The yarn is from the lot that I purchased last summer on my "Tour of BC" (remember this picture?) from the Victoria studio of Gaia's Colours Fibre Arts (which I noticed, when I added the link... is closing down... darn!). The yarn is called Pales Sock and the colour is Anaxerate. It is an awesome sage-y green with a lot of grey.... I will probably never take it off..... The pattern is Emelie by Elin Berglund, the longest length with no purposeful mods (I did a couple of unintentional mods... picked up too many stitches for the sleeves and adjusted the stitch count by doing extra sleeve decreases.... picked up too few stitches for the button bands and adjusted by doing the 13" length instructions for button holes). I do need larger buttons and to make an additional button hole at the top, but all in all.... LOVE.










In order to push my luck with spring, I have also cast on for my next project.... a dress.... from this book and I do have to say.... this is the best book I've seen for a while... MOST of the patterns in it are on my list to knit.... Since the advent of Ravelry and the fact that I can purchase many patterns on the site individually, I rarely even buy books anymore..... They have to be REALLY good and this one is.

No comments:

Post a Comment