Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thank goodness January is nearly done....

I dislike January immensely. Christmas is over and it feels like spring is forever and a day away. It's usually cold, dark and blech..... This year even the chinooks (a warm wind that causes the temperature in and around Calgary to rise dramatically, sometimes from the -30Cs to the +teensC) just make me mad. Why oh why would the weather make me think that spring is just around the corner when the reality is that spring is 2-3 more months away???

I haven't even been knitting or spinning much (and I certainly have been feeling much to negative to blog). I spun a quckie little bit of yarn to make this bunny (what a great idea and tutorial!) for Chey as an inspiration for Eli's next project and also for my nephew's first knitting project. It turned out quite cutely if I do say so myself and I might just keep my gauge swatches from now and to make an entire bunny family.....



I also knit this top out of some Jade Sapphire Cashmere (that's Chey hoping to be a part of the photo).




I am still working on my September Year of Lace project, but am determined (ha!) not to start anything else until it's finished! My resolve is strong! I can almost block out the sound of the other the projects I want to make, crying and begging in their rather pathetic manner.... almost.... I think I can do it.... Did I mention that I have a couple of great ideas for actual "designs" that I'd like to try my hand at????

And finally, I finished one lonely sock that I started as my travel sock over Christmas. Travel sock it was not..... The sock is lovely and the pattern was interesting and easy, but not so easy that I could mindlessly knit it, which is kinda what I want in a travel project.....



I have to finish (or rather start) the other sock before I can begin a new travel project. Which will be my first ever Notorious Sock Knitters World Domination Tour (gawd! I LOOOOOVEEEE that name!) project for the 2009 club. I won't post any pictures of the kit for a bit so that I don't ruin it for others, but it's lovely yarn......

I've also decided what to do about next January... plan a trip! Yesterday I booked a trip to Denver to visit a friend in March and almost immediately felt the fog lift..... something to look forward to!!

No comments:

Post a Comment