Friday, January 7, 2011

New Year, New Sweater.

My after Christmas sweater is complete and I LOVE it!! The yarn is so soft and lovely with a wonderful shine and fabulous drape. It's lightweight, pretty and comfy..... and my own design. I thought about publishing the pattern (and I still may, we'll see), but the thought of figuring out the sleeves for a multitude of sizes brought me up short, particularly the sleeve cap.

Yarn is Juliespins (Ravelry link) Silky 435, unclub colourway "Ice Maiden." I'm thoroughly addicted to Juliespins..... and this yarn is my new favourite...... Sooooo,  without further ado.....










Speaking of Juliespins.... I did a Fibre unclub in December and bought a few braids. In previous unclubs, I have always requested no yellow or orange, (two colours I just cannot wear) but decided to remain silent this time and I am SO glad I did. I LOVED this braid and I wouldn't have received it, had I made my typical request. This was the two-tone braid of 85% Humbug (multi-coloured BFL) and 15% Silk. I decided, at once, to purposefully spin a lace-fingering weight single. And had success! 413m of a light fingering-fingering weight yarn (fulled to finish). I will be casting a Holden Shawlette (starting with the darker and ending with the lighter) very soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment